iJento secures USD8m led by MMC Ventures, Nauta Capital and Oxford Capital
iJento has received a USD8m equity investment led by MMC Ventures and existing investors Nauta Capital and Oxford Capital Partners.
This new investment in iJento is driven by several key factors:
• Market opportunity: digital and multichannel customer intelligence is an explosive global market with customer centric organisations investing heavily in specialist technology and services that provide a full understanding of their customers.
• Business value: iJento is enabling organisations to observe individual customer journeys, identify high value consumer segments and target customers with highly relevant and timely information and offers. This is delivering significant bottom line results to its clients including LV= Insurance which has quoted a 26 per cent increase in sales conversions thanks to multichannel customer intelligence supported by iJento.
• Unique technology: iJento retrospectively stitches together unique visitors across multiple devices and channels and applies highly configurable business rules without loss of scalability, allowing the efficient creation of a single digital view of each customer. The iJento platform delivers an open enterprise-architecture relational datamart for integrating, storing and analysing individual customer data.
• Leverage strategy: the iJento platform enhances existing players in the web analytics market (including Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst and Webtrends Analytics) to allow customers to achieve next-generation analytics and customer intelligence. In addition to a direct sales model the company is partnering with some of the world’s leading analytics and digital marketing related technology companies and consulting firms to deliver even greater value to their customer bases.
Jon Coker (pictured), investment director for MMC Ventures, who is appointed to the iJento board, says: “We are very excited to be investing in iJento at this growth stage. We believe it is time for the next generation of analytics that gives a true, granular understanding of customer behavior in an increasingly multichannel world. We see iJento as the leading provider in this next wave, demonstrated by reference customers including FT.com, LV= and Cheapflights Media, whose digital offerings are leading their sectors. Personally I am looking forward to joining the Board and working with an exceptionally talented group of people.”
Nauta Capital and Oxford Capital Partners have invested in iJento for a second time having seen 40 per cent growth in 2011 and the opportunity to rapidly scale the business over the next few years, particularly in North America.
“We are totally committed to supporting iJento’s plans to take a leadership position in this fast emerging market segment. Joining vast amounts of disparate customer data, performing meaningful analysis and extracting high value business insights is the difference between brand winners and losers. iJento is the perfect partner for any organization looking to exploit sophisticated analytics for deep customer engagement and market share,” says Carles Ferrer, general partner with Nauta Capital.
Peter Ryan, chief executive of iJento, says: “The new investment will support iJento’s recent launch into the US market, its expansion in EMEA and Asia-Pacific and its continued product development programme which is innovating digital and multichannel customer intelligence solutions for existing and new customers. This investment demonstrates further confidence in our team and the go-to-market strategy. We are excited to be approaching 2013 with this new injection of capital which will drive our business plan forwards and enable many more organisations around the world to improve their digital marketing and customer intelligence strategies.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- How to set up a hedge fund