Tue, 22/04/2014 - 14:30
Shirin Tang, a corporate lawyer with experience in M&A, private equity and joint venture transactions, has joined Morrison & Foerster as a corporate partner in Singapore.
"We are delighted to welcome a lawyer of Shirin's calibre to MoFo. Her reputation for M&A work precedes her, and we know she will be instrumental in growing our practice in Singapore," says Eric Piesner, managing partner of the firm's Singapore office and firmwide managing partner for Asia.
"Morrison & Foerster has consistently been where the M&A action is in Asia, which is one of the main reasons I decided to join the firm," says Tang. "I am excited to contribute to the group's continued success."
Tang joins the firm from Shearman & Sterling, where she led a wide range of cross-border transactions and practiced in the firm's New York office for nearly six years. Her recent notable transactions include representing:
• China Investment Corporation and several other Asia-based sovereign wealth funds and national investment companies in co-investments and joint ventures in the US, Brazil, Chile and Africa.
• Sanofi in a number of acquisitions and collaborations in China and South East Asia, including a recent collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company and Sanofi's USD520.6 million acquisition of BMP Sunstone Corporation, a US-listed, China-based specialty pharmaceutical company.
• Various Asia-based private equity firms in investments and exits in China, Southeast Asia and the US
• A Japanese multinational in its proposed USD1 billion acquisition of a precision engineering firm headquartered in Singapore.
• Barry Callebaut in its USD950 million acquisition of the cocoa ingredients division of Petra Foods.
Tang earned her LLM from Harvard Law School and her LLB from National University of Singapore. She is admitted to practice in New York and Singapore.
Morrison & Foerster opened its Singapore office, the firm's fifth in Asia, early last year to support clients' deepening commitments to South and Southeast Asia.
Last year, Tokyo litigation partner Daniel Levison relocated to Singapore, and partners Jake Robson and Adam Summerly also joined the firm's Singapore office, anchoring Morrison & Foerster's corporate practice.
Key practice areas for the Singapore office include M&A, private equity, real estate, project finance, tax, FCPA and anti-corruption, internal investigations, and dispute resolution.
Tue 23/08/2016 - 13:46
Tue 23/08/2016 - 09:56
Tue 23/08/2016 - 09:20
Tue 23/08/2016 - 09:06
Tue 23/08/2016 - 13:48
Tue 23/08/2016 - 13:46
Tue 23/08/2016 - 09:58
Tue 23/08/2016 - 09:53
Tue, 23/Aug/2016 - 13:46
Tue, 23/Aug/2016 - 13:43
Tue, 23/Aug/2016 - 13:34
Tue, 23/Aug/2016 - 10:30
Tue, 23/Aug/2016 - 09:56
Tue, 23/Aug/2016 - 09:51