Topics at a glance:
• Tax and Regulatory Update: What Has Changed and How Do These Changes Affect Hedge Funds?
• Getting Ready for FATCA: A Practical Guide to Help Equip Your Fund with the Essentials!
• Year-End Tax Planning Strategies
• Tax Consequences of Contributions and Distributions of Securities
• Investor vs. Trader -- Digging Deeper Than Ever Before!
• Working Through the Intricacies of Cost-Basis Reporting Rules
• State and Local Tax Update
• Addressing Current Cross-Border Tax Implications Part 1 – Handling Outbound Investments
• Addressing Current Cross-Border Tax Implications Part 2 – Handling Inbound Investments
• Taxation of Swaps, Commodities and Other Contracts
• Surviving the IRS Audit – What to Expect When the IRS Comes Knocking
• K-1 Preparation Essentials – Effective Interpretation and Preparation
• Taxation of Fund Investments in Real Estate
Subscribers of Global Fund Media are entitled to a 10% discount. Mention FMP115 during registration to enjoy this offer. Click here for more information and to view the conference brochure
Wed, 25/03/2015 - 11:46
The Bahamas is taking steps to raise its profile as an attractive funds centre, continuing to build out the popular SMART Fund model template to provide a range of solutions for investment managers, plus its new ICON structure designed to appeal specifically to Brazilian investment managers and advisers.... »
Thu, 19/02/2015 - 19:04
Read how managers seeking to distribute in Europe can appoint a third party AIFM (or ManCo), and the fund distribution benefits this can bring, both for new fund launches and redomiciled funds... »
Wed, 04/02/2015 - 15:08
Fund managers and investors are in a tug-of-war over the issue of transparency. Once content with a performance update, basic valuation and general market commentary, Limited Partners (LPs) are now digging deeper, asking more questions and requiring more information from General Partners (GPs) than ever before. ... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 14:49
Global gross domestic product (GDP) growth should accelerate somewhat in 2015 and 2016 from the pace of the last three years because of much lower oil prices, the avoidance of special drags on the world economy, and continuing easy monetary policies from global central banks, according to BNY Mellon Chief Economist Richard Hoey. Hoey (pictured) made the comments in his February outlook. ... »