26-27 February, 2013 – Singapore - Early bird available before January 1st
The Advanced Hedge Fund Investing Seminar is an intensive two-day course that will impart advanced concepts and practical tools for optimal construction and risk management of hedge fund portfolios. It will also enable participants to use latest performance and risk decomposition as well as due diligence and risk budgeting techniques to create superior hedge fund portfolios while controlling for risk.
François-Serge Lhabitant is Affiliated Professor of Finance at EDHEC Business School and a member of EDHEC-Risk Institute, and Chief Investment Officer at Kedge Capital Fund Management.
Robert Kosowski is Affiliated Professor of Finance at EDHEC-Risk Institute and Associate Professor and Director of the Centre for Hedge Fund Research at Imperial College London.
Key Learning Benefits:
The seminar will enable participants to:
- Understand advanced performance and risk attribution for hedge funds.
- Examine the practical importance of time-varying risk exposures in hedge fund portfolios and advanced techniques to deal with them in practice. Learn latest techniques to distinguish risk-taking from skill in hedge funds.
- Develop an understanding of advanced alternative beta decompositions including variance and correlation risk.
- Appreciate the role that quantitative hedge fund strategies can play in a diversified portfolio. Learn the key drivers of returns in quantitative hedge fund strategies such as CTAs, quantitative long-short equity funds and pairs trading strategies. Learn how to incorporate insights about capacity constraints in hedge fund strategies into the portfolio allocation process.
- Examine the implication of performance and risk attribution insights for hedge fund replication. Appreciate differences between different hedge fund replication approaches.
- Learn advanced hedge fund portfolio construction and due diligence techniques. Understand how hedge fund performance measures can be manipulated and how to address resulting issues. Learn due diligence techniques and performance flags that help spot potential misreporting.
- Find out how to incorporate hedge fund return predictability into the portfolio construction process. Understand the value added of Bayesian techniques for hedge fund allocation.
- Explore risk budgeting and risk allocation approaches in the context of hedge fund portfolios. Understand the implications of time-varying risk exposures for risk budgeting.
Course Fees - Singapore
Standard rate: SGD 4,420
Early bird rate: SGD3,800 available before January 1
Further Information and Registration:
For further information about the event please visit our webpage:
or contact Mélanie Ruiz on: +33 493-187-819
To book a seat, please visit our online stores or contact Mélanie Ruiz or on: +33 493-187-819
Continuing Education Credits
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Programme, EDHEC-Risk Institute has determined that this programme qualifies for 14 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, continuing education credit for your participation in this programme will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.
Thu, 17/09/2015 - 13:24
In the face of volatility in the surrounding European continent, Germany has remained relatively stable and attractive to many private equity investors. Here, Preqin provides the latest statistics for German fundraising and deals, as well as details of the largest transactions of 2015 YTD. ... »
Fri, 04/09/2015 - 12:03
In this excerpt from Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets, H2 2015, we take a closer look at how investors source and select new investment opportunities, based on the results of our interviews with over 100 investors in hedge funds. ... »
Tue, 18/08/2015 - 20:09
The business of asset management has grown exponentially more complex over the last decade. As system technology and data management improves, managers are devising ever-new investment strategies to find that elusive source of alpha. ... »
Tue, 04/08/2015 - 13:50
Over the last 10 years, organisations have undergone a wholesale change in the way they run their businesses. Thanks to cloud-based platforms, wireless Internet, and the proliferation of desktop and mobile device applications, the perimeter of most businesses has moved beyond the four walls of their office. This has revolutionised the way people work: no longer tied to their desks they can be equally as effective aboard an aircraft or sitting next to the beach on vacation. ... »
Wed, 16/09/2015 - 09:22
Read why alternative investment vehicles are lining up to set up in Malta not just as AIFs but also increasingly as AIFMs; the types of of managers and funds using Malta as their springboard into the EU; and, the various structures available to managers... »