With ESG now becoming a de facto feature of one’s risk management programme, it is becoming increasingly important for asset managers to materially assess their ESG capabilities. This webinar, produced in conjunction with Goby looks at how they should best approach such an exercise and explores the questions they should be asking within their organisation, either to put in place a robust ESG policy for ongoing reporting and portfolio monitoring purposes, or to assess their existing policy.
Within the private equity industry, middle-market managers will be at various stages of evolution in respect to ESG materiality. During this webinar, the discussion will focus on some of the practical considerations that managers should be thinking about, today, regardless of how far along the ESG path they may be.
In brief, the webinar will cover:
- How to get one’s ESG programme up and running – turning philosophy into practicality
- How to conduct a materiality exercise and why this can help form the bedrock of one’s ESG policy/programme
- Collecting ESG data from operating companies: what type of ESG data does your organisation need?
- Importance of anchoring one’s ESG policy around the most relevant data – i.e. data that can be truly acted on
- Using ESG indexes to benchmark how well operating companies are doing, based on different KPIs
- What are the ways one might define success in regards to ESG materiality?
- Practical insights on how to take your ESG programme to the next stage of evolution – importance of taking incremental steps to improve materiality
Malcolm Kostuchenko // General partner // Enhanced Healthcare Partners
Stefano Bacci // Partner & ESG Manager // Ambienta
James Williams // Editor In Chief // Private Equity Wire
Kylie Ford // Principal Consultant - ESG // Goby