Churchill Asset Management (Churchill), an investment-specialist affiliate of Nuveen providing customised financing solutions to private equity firms and their portfolio companies, has promoted several employees, including Head of Operations Heather McNally to Managing Director. The firm also announced the hire of Mark Tamburello to the senior lending Underwriting & Portfolio Management team as Principal.
Since joining Churchill in early 2016, Head of Operations McNally has been responsible for building out Churchill’s loan operations team, in addition to overseeing the firm’s CLO platform and leverage facilities. McNally has more than 14 years of loan operations and CLO management experience.
“As Churchill grows, we continue to enhance and strengthen our firm, which now ranks as one of the most active private capital investors in the middle market today with over USD5 billion of annual investment activity and USD22 billion of committed capital,” says Ken Kencel, President and CEO of Churchill. “We are very proud of the team we have built and these well-deserved promotions reflect our continued commitment to the growth and development of our employees. In particular, Heather has played a key role in the success of Churchill, and we believe her leadership and experience will be instrumental as we continue to build long-term value for our investors, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies.”
The following individuals have also been promoted across Churchill’s two investment teams, as well as its investor relations, finance and operations departments:
• Sean Mancini to Principal, Origination
• Jill White to Principal, Underwriting & Portfolio Management
• Sanjeet Singh to Vice President, Underwriting & Portfolio Management
• Paul Cipriani to Associate, Underwriting & Portfolio Management
• Jad Abdul-Aal to Senior Analyst, Underwriting & Portfolio Management
• Jordan Kenney to Senior Analyst, Underwriting & Portfolio Management
• Colin Miller to Senior Analyst, Underwriting & Portfolio Management
Junior Capital & Private Equity Solutions
• David McManama to Principal
• Dodson Worthington to Principal
• Erica Meyers to Vice President
• Adam Froendt to Associate
Investor Relations, Finance and Operations
• Jessica Tannenbaum to Principal, Investor Relations & Marketing
• Marissa Short to Principal, Funds Controller
• Luke Garriton to Vice President, Operations
• Meghan Lucas to Executive Assistant
Kencel adds: “We are also thrilled to welcome Mark Tamburello back to Churchill’s senior loan investment team as a Principal. Having worked with Mark at Churchill’s predecessor company, it is clear that he shares our disciplined approach to credit underwriting and risk management, as well as our unwavering commitment to our clients.”
Tamburello had previously joined Churchill’s predecessor, Churchill Financial, in 2010 and remained with the firm through its ownership by The Carlyle Group, where he served as a private credit investment professional for nine years. He brings fourteen years of experience evaluating investment opportunities across the capital structure to the firm and will be based in Churchill’s Charlotte, NC office.