PE Tech Report

NEWSLETTER

Like this article?

Sign up to our free newsletter

Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund X sells Belron Stake in deal valuing company at EUR21bn

Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund X has sold its investment in Belron, a specialist in vehicle glass repair and replacement.  

Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund X has sold its investment in Belron, a specialist in vehicle glass repair and replacement.  

The two-part transaction included the sale of approximately 39 per cent of CD&R Fund X’s stake to funds managed by Hellman & Friedman, GIC, and BlackRock Private Equity Partners, valuing Belron at EUR21 billion. The remaining 61 per cent of the CD&R Fund X ownership position was sold to CD&R Value Building Partners I, and related vehicles (the SPV), new special purpose vehicles formed to continue CD&R’s partnership with Belron.
 
Belron operates in 41 countries through wholly-owned businesses and franchises, with market leading brands – including Carglass, Safelite and Autoglass. 
 
CD&R Fund X acquired a 40mper cent stake in Belron in February 2018 in a transaction that valued the company at EUR3 billion. Following the transaction, CD&R vehicles will hold a 20 per cent stake in the company and remain the Belron’s second largest shareholder, primarily through the approximately USD4 billion CD&R-managed SPV.

Like this article? Sign up to our free newsletter

MOST POPULAR

FURTHER READING

Featured